Monday, May 12, 2008

Where have I been? I went to Italy for two weeks on a guided tour. I love Italy, especially Sorrento and I could easily go live there.
Our tour had half the meals included some were good and some were better but none were bad. There were also special events that were optional. I think I participated in all the ones that included dinner.
The wine was delicious except for one time when it was a rather rough and harsh tasting.
Almost everything was fresh tasting except for a few pastries on the morning breakfast buffets. Most of it was very good though and I especially enjoyed a small orange scented croissant with a preserved apricot in the center.
Italian butter is heavenly. Even my grandmother's home made butter didn't taste like that. I could have eaten it without bread.

Pasta was always al dente and served in much smaller portions as a first course. I liked it like that and the sauces were never heavy nor heavily seasoned. The very first one we had was sauced with what tasted like pure essence of fresh tomato.
I tried to duplicate it but couldn't get the good fresh taste with the Romano tomatoes from the stores. I think I need to plant San Marzanos again.

No comments: