Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Deer!

I went to water my two tomato plants this morning and found that deer had got into the garden area and eaten the tops and all the buds off them. Grrrr! Hmmm? Venison is good.

I fixed frozen ravioli and Lite Alfredo sauce for dinner along with a salad of leaf lettuce, plum tomatoes, olives, pickled beets, garbonzos, cucumbers, and Gorgonzola cheese. Salad was the best part because the ravioli had been in the freezer a little too long.
Not sure what I'll make tonight yet. Maybe Lala kabobs. I have some lamb that I could grind. I love lamb. My favorite meat. I just wish it weren't so expensive.
I know it seems unpatriotic but I prefer Australian or New Zealand lamb. I think it's more tender and has better flavor.

Watching the news about the fire near Lake Tahoe. We spend the whole summer watching for fires. My sister and her husband lost their place six years ago.

Still haven't weighed this week.

No comments: