Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brownie Project

Yesterday Joy said she would like some Brownies so I made a pan of them. I made them with Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate using the recipe on the package.
They were OK but seemed to lack depth of flavor. The recipe doesn't call for any salt and they could have used some. My project is to make Brownies now and then, maybe once a month, until I find my preferred recipe. Doesn't mean it would suit everybody but I want one that suits my taste. Everybody has their own idea of the perfect brownie.

Tonight I'm going to make pork chops and have some roasted root vegetables. We'll see if the root vegetables are better than the ones I made a few days ago.
I'm using carrot, turnip, parsnip, fennel, potato, onion, and garlic. Might add some red pepper, too, if I have any left.
The last batch I made was way too much and took up a whole oven rack. I think that's what made it scorch on the bottom.

A drizzly day. What Mom called Oregon mist. Missed Oragon and hit California.

No comments: