Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dreary Sunday

It's another dreary day here but the rain has stopped for now. We had a wild thunderstorm for a while yesterday afternoon. Poor, little Lily had a hard time of it as it was right overhead and she was terrified. I had to sit and hold and rock her although it didn't help much. As soon as the thunder stopped she settled right down. I think she was yapped out.

I made a pork loin roast for our dinner last night. Laid it on a mire poix, bay leaf and rosemary. Sprinkled it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. I made baked Oriental sweet potatoes and buttered green beans for vegetable and wine poached pears with ice cream for dessert. Sunday dinner on Saturday.
Garlic powder only because we had used up all the fresh garlic in the house. 5 heads in two weeks is a lot of garlic even for us.

This is the first time that I have had Oriental sweet potatoes. They have red skin and pale yellow green flesh. Not as sweet as the yams that I ususally get but very tasty. They taste a bit like chestnuts to me. I hope I can continue to get them. I bought them to cook with rice in the Japanese manner but didn't get to do that so I just baked 'em.

No comments: